Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Embracing Tuesday

Holiday cards to be sent, seasonal fruit to be eaten, and working 6 days a week, but one of them at a fantastic vintage store.
Please excuse me for being late? Please?
***
-Not surprisingly, talking about prostitution means talking about gender roles. But there’s something different thing time!
-I like that there’s a Wikipedia article called Films Considered the Worst Ever. How is this decided? Where’s Spice World?  
-A clever little piece on the dangers of encouraging your children to read. Alternately titled: Allison, an unauthorized biography.  
-“I hope Chris Paul sues. I hope the Rockets sue. I hope the Lakers sue. I hope Dell Demps resigns and makes a sex tape with a stripper wearing a David Stern Halloween mask.” Even if you’re not a basketball fan, Bill Simmons’ undeniable passion is hilarious.  
- Although I have just purchased a 35 x 56 inverted, upside down map of the world (yea, you read that correctly) for my living room, I really could have used these creative ideas a month ago! Oh well, there are plenty of other rooms!
-My hair is far too layered for the Gibson tuck to look good right now, but it would be so charming on you!
-I would like to be Paloma's roommate.
-Never go into a store and say “I’m looking for that pattern like” and then make squiggly patterns with your finger ever again! amy atlas pattern board
-English class, 3 years ago.
-Although I really love writing, I still take a lot of pictures of what I’m doing and what dress I just foolishly spent all my money on and how awkward I am at braiding hair and what I’m reading and just that sort of thing. You can find them all here!

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Some really fab links here :D !!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see embracing monday's back! :D

Pop Champagne said...

wow thats a cool pattern! love the pictures gonna check out some of the links now!

bobb said...

Lots of goodies here.

The list of analogies reminded me of the Bulwer-Lytton awards.

http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/2011.htm

There are some entries in the worst film list. "Manos: The Hands of Fate" in particular is hard to watch.

Anonymous said...

you always used to post about charities. what are some good ones for XMas?

la petite coquine said...

I would also really like to be Paloma's roommate, and to do adorable things with my hair. Maybe one day...

Rebecca Jane said...

I can't wait to try making some of those wall art ideas!

Interwebs Fails said...

Amazing!

Nicole✗✗ said...

What amazing prints and I love the Christmas cards. I hope you had a wonderful Tuesday!!

rebecca said...

what beautiful fabrics...