Sunday, July 14, 2013

Embracing Monday


In the saddest way, after a crazy weekend there's a certain comfort in the fact that there will always be Mondays. Here's how you can get through yours:

  1. Luke talks about living in small, small, small condo and having a beautiful weekend cottage to fix up. This is the most wonderful 'cottage' I've ever seen. I can be swayed.
  2. Everything may be bigger in Texas, but everything's better in Finland and there's a reason for it.
  3. The work of Therese Murdza is so soothing.
  4. Another from The Atlantic: TV is giving us all feelings.
  5. Lauren sent me every cat ever in a gif. (Some harsh language in the text.)
  6. When I cry I sometimes like to listen to the beauty of people who can make the best of anything. Stars on the Ceiling is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard and I have listened to it twice this weekend.
  7. Tim Lincecum, the dreamiest, threw a no hitter... and this.
  8. This movie is going to be a classic.
  9. I've actually consulted this list of how to store fruits & vegetables several times. 
  10. Mini vacation in a few pictures.
  11. It's been a heavy week, so here's an old Buzzfeed article I can always count on: 30 Guinea Pigs Wearing Hats.
  12. It's been a heavy week, so here's a 16 year old girl addressing the United Nations after being shot for going to school, making you cry and giving you hope.
Here are some of the pieces about Trayvon Martin that have touched me so far. I'm sure more are to come. 
The photographs above were taken a week or two ago at Fisherman's Cove in Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, an almost spiritual place whose beauty is amplified by fog and is easily accessible by bus.

1 comment:

A Crimson Kiss said...

That cottage is magical, and these links make me happy after a tough week.