Top photo thanks to Emlyn Murray.
We painted each room in our apartment one after another, taking relatively little time to think if a lime green bathroom was really what we wanted. (It was.) The bedroom, on the other hand, took a little bit longer. I debated between moody greys, one vivid purple, and tried to find the closest thing to a colour I could only describe as "modern navy" before I finally found the perfect hue (I feel I owe the salesman a link after how many questions I asked him.) Armed with a fast food dinner and the determination not to have to sleep on the couch for too long, Luke & I cleared out the room and finished it in a little more than a day. I absolutely love the dark, deep colour that looks bright in the light. Although we still have a bit more trim to touch up and plenty of stuff to move back into the room, I can already tell it's going to be a great place to relax, write, and research that new clean eating thing...
- When I discovered that Daria: The Movie wasn't actually being made I might have cried more than a little bit. Still, love Aubrey Plaza.
- A dress too wonderful for words.
- While researching a potential autumn road trip to Cleveland I found this lovely vintage poster. It seems I've missed it by 77 years, so... any recommendations?
- I've only recently learned that lobsters are almost immortal until we Annie Hall them. Now I discover they're cannibals. Yep. Nope. Not okay. Sea freaks...
- My iPhone background is always a series of either lines or dots. My current favourite.
- This house fits perfectly into surroundings & I think that's kind of magical.
- I don't think social media makes people dumber; I think dumb people are revealed by social media. (Hilarious.)
- Planet Money explored plans that failed Detroit while Fresh Air talks plans that can succeed.
- The Real Dazed and Confused of the 1970s.
- A gentle reminder as I try to get rid of my stuff instead of cramming it back into my bedroom.
- This interview with Amy Poehler can only be described with this series of Parks and Recreation gifs.
"Well, Offerman and I would be great “mama” and “daddy” of a cult. He would do all of the hard work and I would be good at keeping up morale."
-Amy Poehler, teasing about my dreams coming true